Friday, April 2, 2010

Smokehouse - Take 2

Today's WOD performed at Kitsap CrossFit - but should be familiar if you have been following the blog.  Derek and I crafted this after doing the team gymnastics relay at KCF the first week of March, and Dan and Amy decided to use it at their premo facility in Poulsbo, WA!  It was an invite (not to mention challenge...) Derek and I could not refuse.

"The Smokehouse"

For time:

10 burpees
100 thruster
10 burpees
100 sumo deadlift high pull
10 burpees
100 chest to overhead
10 burpees
100 front squats

Performed in teams of 2.  Both members must complete the 10 burpees prior to beginning barbell repetitions. Only 1 team member is allowed to work at any given time.  Repetitions do not have to be evenly distributed.

Recommended weight: men - 75lbs; women - 55lbs

For media on this one, you will have to visit http://www.kitsapcrossfit.com/!!! 

Time: 21:46 (shaved off 2:54 from our last time - we must keep coming back to Kitsap CrossFit!)  Once again, it was totally brutal.  During the SDHPs I really felt for a moment like I was going to have to "step out" for a moment.  Hard work!

Thanks to everyone who gave this WOD a shot and committed their maximum effort.  It is inspiring and continues to drive me forward in my own quest for elite fitness.

Awesome community.  Great coaches.  Good people.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome WOD!!!! Thanks so much for killing my legs. I took today off and my legs are still screaming at me from this one. I'm hoping it is gone by tomorrow (Scott and I are doing a 10 mile run early on Easter morning!). Thanks again to you and Derek!

    PS- This is Caroline... signed in on my daughter's blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My legs are shot, too. I have to admit, however, my recovery this time around seems to be quicker. Last time I did this I couldn't walk up stairs the next day!

    Good luck on your 10k. I will be CrossFitting other ways :)

    ReplyDelete