Friday, April 9, 2010

Rowing intervals and command PT

Row 1600 meters
Rest 3 minutes
Row 1200 meters
Rest 2 minutes
Row 800 meters
Rest 1 minute
Row 400 meters


Record each time.

Can I just say how much I love rowing? I really wish I had one of these, because I think I would use it all the time. Now, having said that, feeling like your legs are going to fall off at about 600 meters and thinking to yourself, "Oh good, just 1000 more meters!" is unpleasant at best.


There is a great volume of data (articles and videos) in the CrossFit Journal that discusses rowing technique. A couple of months ago I really clued in on a couple of points, including the damper setting, the start strategy, and some basic form issues. It has been extremely helpful. I am hoping next month to break my 3k time.


Times: 5:57, 4:29, 3:00, 1:27







So, today was also command PT, and we had these guys do "Angie."

Angie


for time:
100 pullups
100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats

Great efforts all around, as usual. With our semi-annual PT test coming up, the pushups and situps give us a good idea of where everyone is in terms of projected performance, but it should be noted that we uphold standards on these events. Pushups go to the floor, and all the way back up. The Navy... well... they do the best they can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment