Sunday, April 18, 2010

A concert and a WOD

The Keyport Concert Series is a staple for Navy Band Northwest. It is a constant conglomeration of concerts that run all year, except for a little while in the summer. Today was one of those concerts, and assisted living facilities all around the area were there in force! 

Anyway, my hand is still good and mutilated, but it is healing pretty well, despite losing a couple of stitches today, maybe during the gig. Oh well, I feel fine. Good enough to do overhead squats!


AMRAP in 20 minutes:

15 knees to elbows (K2Es)
15 overhead squats (95lbs)
15 back extensions

This workout kicked my booty, especially the overhead squats. I think it is a neglected movement for me. It is odd, because I do plenty of squats and overhead work, even a great deal of thrusters, but I am having some difficulties translating the skills. I am keeping my grip wide and my shoulders shrugged. The weight is back and over my heels. Anywho, I am having difficulties with it, which might just be a matter of developing the fine muscle control and muscular endurance to keep the weight stabilized overhead.

Rounds: 5 + 15 K2Es

Not bad for the gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment