Friday, April 16, 2010

GHDs and back extensions

I am posting a day late, I know. Today is actually my rest day, but yesterday I had a frustrating WOD, discouraging me from wanting to talk about it.

I need a Glute Ham Developer. My makeshift solution really hurts my feet and makes my legs cramp up, not to mention the discomfort in my... *ahem*

So, this is an excellent lessons-learned about purchasing a GHD without a split pad, since that is essentially what I am working with now, and it is very uncomfortable.

Alright, here was the WOD:


5 rounds for time:
30 GHD situps
25 back extensions

My time? Well, it is hard to say. My stopwatch read 19:05. That is what I recorded in my logbook, but I could've gone so much faster if it wasn't for the balance issues trying to flip over in my contraption. The sharp edges of my plyobox aren't a problem when I am jumping on it, but rolling over on it scratches my legs and draws blood!

So, any ideas? I am leaning towards the Wright GHD. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. THis may be dumb, but it could help. Have you seen those babyproof corner protectors? It is a rounded off piece of rubber or hard plastic that sticks to corners so little ones don't get hurt. Could that help you with the corners? It's a temporary solution, probably. Or, sanding down the corners to round them off a bit. Of lots of duct tape. That stuff works for everything : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth. I might give that a try, actually. The top of the box is supposed to be covered by a 3/4" thick rubber mat that I haven't acquired, and the bottom of the box is supposed to be lined with 1/4" rubber to prevent sliding. If I would just finish the darned box a lot of this wouldn't be so problematic.

    I am looking into another GHD solution involved screwing some stuff to the wall and making a half-cylindrical tube out of padded PVC. You know me, though - SUPER handy. Yeah, right!

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete